Transfer Student Requirements for a Bachelor's Degree Completion Program
All following criteria are considered as admissions standards for transfer admission:
- Apply online at www.findlay.edu/admissions/apply.
- All previous post-secondary grades with at least a 2.0 minimum cumulative grade point average in courses which are not considered developmental in nature. A student under academic suspension or dismissal from another institution will not be admitted to the University of Findlay until eligible to return to the former institution.
- Financial standing at most recently attended a post-secondary institution. Good financial standing generally implies that the student has no outstanding balance at his/her previous post-secondary institution.
- Social standing at most recently attended a post-secondary institution. Good social standing generally implies that the student has not been suspended or dismissed from his/her previous post-secondary institution due to a non-academic disciplinary action.
- Other indicators of academic and personal success (high school grades, class rank, etc.).
Students whose native language is not English and who have not graduated from American universities must meet the previously listed admissions conditions plus:
Have a verified Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Internet-based test (iBT) minimum total score of 79-80 with 20 or better in speaking and 20 or better in writing or a verified International English Language Testing System (IELTS) academic score with a minimum overall band score of 7.0.
Students not supplying a TOEFL or IELTS are required to test in the Intensive English Language Program (IELP), and if necessary may require up to four semesters of English before entering into a Findlay program.