At commencement, students meeting all requirements for the Honors Program will be recognized by designation as an Honors Scholar in their chosen field of study. Students achieving this honor will wear University of Findlay’s bachelor’s hood and will receive a certificate from the President during commencement exercises.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.25 or higher
- Attendance at biannual meetings, at least one meeting per semester
- Completion of one credit hour of HNRS 195
- Completion of three credit hours of HNRS 495 and all associated requirements of the major honors project
- Completion of three credit hours selected from HNRS 370, HNRS 371, HNRS 372, or HNRS 373
- Completion of nine additional credit hours from HNRS 370, HNRS 371, HNRS 372, HNRS 373, honors contract courses, or honors courses transferred in from another institution
- Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA in all honors and honors contract courses.
Good Standing in the Honors Program
In order to remain in good standing in the Honors Program, honors students must maintain a cumulative University GPA of 3.25 and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in all honors and honors contract courses. In addition, students must follow the recommended timeline so all Honors Program requirements can be completed within the expected time frame.
Honors Program Probation
Honors students will be placed on Honors Program probation if one or both of the following occur:
- Cumulative University GPA falls below 3.25
- Cumulative GPA in honors and honors contract courses falls below 3.00 (B)
If either of the above occurs, the student will be informed by their Honors Program advisor of the probation and how the student can be reinstated. Students will remain on Honors Program probation for a maximum of two semesters. During this time, students will have an opportunity to raise their University GPA and/or honors GPA to the above standards. Students should continue to take honors courses during the probationary period.
If a student fails to return to the required cumulative GPA after two semesters of probation, they will be dismissed from the Honors Program.
Reinstatement to the Honors Program
A student on Honors Program probation may apply for reinstatement to the program when the cumulative University GPA is at least 3.25 and the honors GPA is at least 3.0. At that time, the student must complete and submit a reinstatement online form for approval.
Honors students will be allowed only one reinstatement during their degree program. If a student fails to meet the GPA requirements after reinstatement, he or she will be dismissed from the Honors Program.
Dismissal from the Honors Program
A student will be dismissed from the Honors Program if any of the following conditions are met:
- A student on Honors Program probation fails to achieve a cumulative University GPA of 3.25 and a cumulative honors course GPA of 3.0 within two semesters of being placed on probation
- An honors student who has been reinstated fails to achieve a cumulative University GPA of 3.25 and/or a cumulative honors course GPA of 3.0
- A student fails to attend more than two of the required bi-annual meetings without a verifiable excuse
- Students in the Honors Program are expected to act with integrity and to follow the University’s Academic Integrity policies. Therefore, an honors student will be dismissed from the Honors Program if a sanction is determined as the result of any levels of academic dishonesty.